email: email@example.com / website: www.jjwon.com / github: jjwon0
B.S. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at University of California, Berkeley, Sep 2011 - May 2015
Achieved a 3.85/4.00 overall GPA. Sample coursework:
- Efficient Algorithms
- Algorithms for Computational Biology
- Computational Photography
- Computer Security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
Software Engineer at Color, Feb 2017 - present
Color is a service enabling people to make better decisions about their health, based on their genetic information.
Working on a team primarily building out features for the Color Provider Platform, a web app which is used by providers to order and manage Color tests for their patients. Some highlights:
- Built a framework allowing tests to be written using factories alongside the existing fixtures framework, ultimately resulting in a couple of bug fixes as well as increased unit test coverage
- Built a feature allowing Color to accept insurance as a payment method
- Set up a process for autoformatting code to enforce a consistent style across the codebase
- Currently holding the record for fastest eng to go from starting to shipping a product feature
Software Engineer at Operator, Oct 2015 - Jan 2017
Worked on everything except mobile. Some highlights:
- Led a complete overhaul of our website and internal chat web app
- Built an integration with UberRUSH to support same-day gifting
- Built an integration allowing users to chat through Facebook Messenger
- Led an integration of modern web technologies (ES6+, React, etc) into our stack
Course Reader at University of California, Berkeley, Jan 2014 - May 2015
Graded weekly problem sets, held office hours, and answered questions on Piazza for students in CS 70 (Discrete Mathematics) and CS 170 (Efficient Algorithms).
Software Engineering Intern at LinkedIn, May 2014 - Aug 2014
Designed and developed a workfow optimization tool to simplify the process of moving and transforming data on various Hadoop clusters and databases.
Scribe, Mar 2017 - present
Building out an app to help people journal.
Project Homeless Connect (PHC), Jun 2016 - present
Working with another developer to develop a web app to revamp the event check-in process, which currently relies on paper forms and data entry, for PHC, a SF-based nonprofit providing support services to the homeless.
Gutter Warnings, Sep 2015
Made a series of pull requests implementing gutter warnings for Khan/live-editor, the custom text editor used by Khan Academy for their online coding courses. Supported many common mistakes HTML/CSS newbies make.
Food Shift, Jan 2015 - May 2015
Led a team of 5 to iterate on and complete a Rails web app for Food Shift, an Oakland-based nonprofit working on diverting food loss, which pairs together food donors and food recipients.
Languages: English, Spanish, Chinese
Other: Photography, Cooking, Climbing